- 6 years ago my dad apologized to me for not being involved in a specific part of my life when I was a kid.
- I failed to grow up and become a professional athlete, but my dad didn’t regret his involvement in the athletic part of my life.
- I failed to grow up and be a lawyer or a doctor, but my dad didn’t regret his involvement in the academic part of my life.
- I grew up to be a pastor (at least on the surface appearing to be spiritually successful), but my dad apologized for not being involved in the spiritual part of my life.
- My dad now, as a dad of two adult sons and a grandfather of three, knows the most important part of my life was (and is) the spiritual part of my life.
- The most important part of your child’s life is the spiritual part of their life.
- How involved are you in this part of their life? (Stay tuned for a post next week about how you can easily be more involved.)