- Asking your child to spend time with you is a big deal.
- Your child asking you to spend time with them is an even bigger deal.
- The problem is they usually don’t ask you to do things you want to do…or they ask you at the wrong time.
- It’s normal to not always feel like saying “Yes.” to your child when they ask you to do something.
- But it’s important that “Yes.” be your default answer when they do.
- Spending time with your child on their terms makes them feel valued and loved and deepens your relationship with them.