- Make sure your child knows you love them, believe in them, and are cheering for them this school year.
- Pray out loud with your child about their friends, teachers, school work, recess, bus ride, homework, locker, _____ (whatever they’re nervous about), etc.
- Drive your child to school if it’s possible.
- Ask specific questions about how their day went. Avoid “yes” and “no” questions.
- Help them with homework.
- Give them some down time after school. Remember, school is their version of work.