- For some reason, we think balancing work and life should be our goal.
- Even if you happen to achieve balance for a moment, it is not sustainable. As soon as something changes, shifts, etc., you will have to work to achieve balance again.
- Trying to balance your life causes you to view every area of your life as a separate box…that has to be balanced.
- A compartmentalized life (when every area of your life is a separate box) is an unhealthy life.
- When you cannot perfectly balance your life, you feel like you’re failing.
- Balance is a lie.
(Next week I’ll post what I think is an alternative to balancing life.)