- What’s it like to be a ___ [insert your child’s age] year old?
- Have you ever put yourself in their shoes and wondered why they react the way they do, why they say what they say, why they make the decisions they make, why they feel the way they feel, etc.?
- One of the greatest skills we can develop as a dad is empathy.
- Empathy is not feeling what your child is feeling.
- Empathy is understanding what your child is feeling.
- Regardless of the age of your child, practice empathy…especially when tension is high.