- Don’t have “the talk.” Have an ongoing conversation about sex with your child.
- When do you begin this conversation? When your child is ready. Not when you’re ready. That means you need to be ready waaaaaay before you want to be ready.
- The conversation should progress as they are ready for it. Only give your child as much information as they’re wanting.
- We started the conversation with our daughter when she was in the 1st grade. Yep, first grade…thanks to a kid in our neighborhood who liked to say the word “sex” a lot.
- Our daughter is now in the 8th grade and we just continue the conversation when we need to. We’ve had a lot of conversations along the way.
- Here’s a page full of resources from the middle school ministry of our church.