- Julie shared some words from Jen Hatmaker with me, and I had to share them with you. Below is some of what she wrote.
- “If you want to make good decisions for you and your family, you need a decision-making filter that prioritizes your actual life and keeps you focused on the things that matter the most.”
- How about this filter: “If it’s not a HECK YES, then it’s a no.”
- “So that medium yes, that I-feel-like-I-should yes, that guilty yes, that coerced yes, that I-actually-hate-this-thing yes, that I-guess-so yes, that who-else-will-do-it yes, that careless yes, that default yes, that resentful yes, that I-probably-shouldn’t-but-struggle-with-boundaries yes? NO. Nope.”
- “Now, the things that make your heart race, your blood pump, the fire in your belly burn, your gifts to leap to life, and keep your family and home healthy and strong…the heck yeses? ALL IN, BABY.”
- It’s okay to say “No.” to some of those big and small decisions you have to make for you and your child and family. “No.” is the best answer sometimes.