- We talked to our daughter about sex when she was six years old in the first grade…thanks to a neighborhood kid who enjoyed talking about sex.
- She’s 14 now and about to go into high school…and we’ve talked to her about sex more times than any of us can count.
- There is no such thing as the perfect age to talk to your child about sex.
- Avoid at all costs having “the talk.” Instead, have an ongoing conversation with your child about sex.
- Talk honestly with them and answer their questions. Don’t talk over their head. And don’t scare them.
- Be ready for these conversations before they are ready. Some of them will happen when you least expect it and some will happen because you initiate them.
- And dads…talk to your son and daughter about sex.