- You know “that kid.” The child other parents talk about. And not because the child is so awesome.
- Of course, “that kid” is not your child. It’s always someone else’s child.
- But what can you do to make sure your child doesn’t become “that kid?” Teach your child:
- Respect. If your child respects others with their words and actions, they will avoid the title of “that kid.”
- Self-control. No child can practice complete self-control (no dad can either), but help your child be less impulsive.
- Fun. Help your child be someone who others enjoy being around.
- The goal is not perfection. No child is perfect…and no dad is perfect. It’s not possible.