- I read a great article in Harvard Business Review called Being A Parent Made Me A Better Manager, And Vice Versa. I wondered about the “vice versa” part.
- Whether you work for a great company or a not-so-great company, you spend the majority of your time at work. Your work greatly influences how you parent. Make sure your work is making you a better dad.
- I’m really fortunate to work for a strong organization. It’s not perfect. But as a friend once said, “A bad day here is better than a good day somewhere else.”
- I wondered…How does my job influence me as a dad?
- I now take all the time I have to make a decision.
- I’ve learned to see the present and the future at the same time.
- I’ve learned every person is messy…including me.
- I understand that some things are tensions to manage, not problems to solve.
- You can also check out this post about how being a dad should make you better at your job.