- If your child is an introvert, it does not mean they are shy. It does not mean they do not enjoy people. It just means they need some time alone to re-energize and feel “right.”
- How can you set up your introvert for success?
- Give them time alone. Time by themselves. That means you need to leave them alone.
- Let them do what they want to do during their alone time. Things like playing and reading give them what they need to re-energize. Extended periods of time in front of a screen probably do not re-energize them…even though they will say it does.
- Give them time alone when they need time alone. Introverts will know when they need time alone. Don’t force alone time on them.