- Yes, I know you look like a stud…but your wife doesn’t care about that as much as you might think.
- What does your wife really care about? What does she need from you?
- She needs you to listen. But not just hear the words that come out of her mouth.
- She needs you to listen with a focus on her feelings. What is she feeling about what she’s telling you?
- She does not need you to listen with a focus on problem solving. That’s usually what we’re good at, though.
- If you can become a husband who listens with a focus on her feelings, she might just think you look a lot better than you actually do. Score!
- Being a better husband leads you to being a better dad. (Read about that here.)
- Need a video aid? Here’s one of my favorite dads (Phil Dunphy) to help us all out: