- You are responsible for your child. You kinda have to be…legally speaking. At least for 18 years or so. You provide them with food, shelter, clothing, etc…the necessities.
- You (me too) even pat yourself on the back (post about it on social media / remind them when they’re in trouble) when you’re extra responsible for your child…you provide a nice yard, send them to camp, pay for an amazing experience, buy them the latest electronics, dress them in really nice clothes, etc.
- But do you take responsibility for your relationship with your child?
- What are you doing to grow the relationship between the two of you?
- What conversations are you having to better your relationship with them?
- None of the extra stuff lasts. Actually, most of it will be forgotten.
- Your relationship (or lack of relationship) with your child will last for decades.
- If you don’t take responsibility for the relationship, they won’t. They’re a child.