- Q: Why does the Christmas season feel more stressful than other times of the year?
- A: You have less margin (free space) in your schedule, finances, patience, etc.
- Less Margin = More Stress
- Want some ways to make this Christmas less stressful?
- Do some things for your wife that you normally do not do…shop, bake, plan, etc. Reducing your spouse’s stress will reduce your stress.
- Spend the majority of your time with your family. Schedule time to do things with just your family…look at Christmas lights, stay home and watch a Christmas movie, stay home and do nothing, play together, go to a movie, etc.
- Spend less money. It’s possible.
- Don’t say yes to every invitation you receive. They’ll still be your friend after the holidays.
- Keep up your healthy habits…exercise, eat well, read, sleep, etc.