- We dads have to make a lot of decisions. Some feel heavy. Some don’t. But they all have consequences.
- “If you want to make good decisions for you and your family, you need a decision-making filter that prioritizes your actual life and keeps you focused on the things that matter the most.”
- “So that medium yes, that I-feel-like-I-should yes, that guilty yes, that coerced yes, that I-actually-hate-this-thing yes, that I-guess-so yes, that who-else-will-do-it yes, that careless yes, that default yes, that resentful yes, that I-probably-shouldn’t-but-struggle-with-boundaries yes? NO. Nope.”
- “Now, the things that make your heart race, your blood pump, the fire in your belly burn, your gifts to leap to life, and keep your family and home healthy and strong…the hell yeses? ALL IN, BABY.”
- Dads…say “No!” That’s the best answer sometimes…oftentimes…for all the opportunities that wil come your way, your kid’s way, your family’s way.
- Dads…say “Yes!” That can be the best answer for the right opportunities at the right time for the right reason.
- Thanks to my wife for sharing these words from Jen Hatmaker with me.