- We dads know that beauty is more than appearance…but appearance matters a lot to your daughter. That’s just a reality.
- She will initially define beauty as how she looks on the outside. So point out specific ways she is beautiful on the outside. Yes, compliment her face, hair, body, clothes, etc. in appropriate…non creepy…ways.
- A dad has the power to help her believe that beauty really is more about who she is…the kind of person she is on the inside.
- Point out specific ways she is beautiful on the inside. Use words like “beautiful” and “gorgeous” to brag on her personality, attitude, faith, decision-making ability, the kind of friend she is, etc.
- You will shape your daughter’s definition of “beautiful.”
- Over and over and over and over, tell her how beautiful she is on the outside…but mostly how beautiful she is on the inside.